[Vtigercrm-developers] naming conventions

Dhr. R.R. Gerbrands werk at r2g.nl
Fri Sep 8 12:08:40 PDT 2006

That's a very mature idea. :-)
Let's use it!

Remco

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: vtigercrm-developers-bounces at lists.vtigercrm.com
[mailto:vtigercrm-developers-bounces at lists.vtigercrm.com]Namens Fathi
Boudra
Verzonden: vrijdag 8 september 2006 16:28
Aan: vtigercrm-developers at lists.vtigercrm.com
Onderwerp: Re: [Vtigercrm-developers] naming conventions

hi,

Le vendredi 8 septembre 2006 14:56, Richie a écrit :
> Fathi, would you like to discuss your idea here please?

for a complete transparency, my mail to richie:
> to definitely close naming scheme/convention issue, i propose to have
> release managers team . i would like to be in charge of this and propose
> also jeff, he has a good undertsanding of the work to do. I would like
also
> at least 2 peoples from vtiger core team, you probably already have
someone
> that do this. The release managers (4 members)  will decide of when we
> release a version and his name (rc2, etc ...), with some quality tasks
> (docs, etc ...). I would like to work in a democratic manner, so we need
> be at least 3 in this team, then "vote" in meeting (mail or im like irc)
> before any release. We can't have only one release manager, i think give
> these tasks to a team will be more efficient.

and his reply:
> I agree with this. Time we nailed this thing once and for all.
> I would just like to highlight that let this be a temporary measure where
> the vtiger team learns to name properly and be independent.
> I say this because by having too many review committees, we will
> become slower. So, till the time the committee feels that vtiger core is
not
> able to name properly, we will continue with this committee.
> I would suggest 3 guys instead of four to have less overhead. Moreover, it
> gives a core vs the rest sort of unwanted-feeling. We trust you all.
> I am more than happy with Fathi and JeffK as the lead.
> I would propose Don from the vtiger team for participation to this
> committee.

my apologies, i didn't ask richie permission to publicly post his mail ...

To continue the discussion, i'm not sure that it must be temporary and not
sure too that we become slower because we properly vote for a release. This
is an important step, and we need to do it properly (taking time if we need
to). A link must be done with vtiger core team and community, and it must be
kept. This is also a reason to propose several guys in this team and not
only
vtiger core team.

feedbacks are welcomed, what do you think ot the idea ?

cheers,

Fathi

PS: for informations, jeffk didn't reply yet to the thread.