[Vtigercrm-developers] What does windows installer do?

don don at vtiger.com
Fri Sep 8 03:02:22 PDT 2006

Hi,

The windows .exe installer similar to the Linux .bin installer will install the required Apache, PHP,MySQL and gd libraries required to run
vtigerCRM. Option is also provided to use the already installed Apache and MySQL.

Option to start the Apache as a service is also provided in the windows installer.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks,
Don

---- On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 Jeff Kowalczyk <jtk at yahoo.com> wrote ----

I'm writing up some release management docs on the wiki, and I keep
referring to the windows .exe variant, but I don't know what it does or
why we have it? (I'm not a windows user)

Not to dismiss the effort that goes into it, but it would be good to
document what is the installer doing for the user.

If it's some expansive thing that installs apache, secures services, etc.
then its a much bigger footnote in our release process.

Thanks.