[Vtigercrm-developers] vtiger 5 GA - Validation Build for Testing

Philip philip at vtiger.com
Fri Sep 8 00:41:09 PDT 2006

Hi Jeff,

Here after the source build will have the following naming convention vtigercrm-x.y.z.tar.gz

Philip

---- On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 Jeff Kowalczyk <jtk at yahoo.com> wrote ----

Gopal wrote:
> I am happy to inform you that our GA validation build is ready for testing.
>
> Before announcing our public release we would like to have a final round of validation, so that we can avoid any last minute glitches.
>
> Kindly participate in this final testing and report any bugs in Trac:
>
> http://vtiger.fosslabs.com
>
> You can download the version 5 GA validation build (SVN Tag:  9353) from the following URLs:
>
> http://vtiger.com/archives/vtigercrm-5.0.0.exe
> http://vtiger.com/archives/vtigercrm-5.0.0-source.tar.gz
> http://vtiger.com/archives/vtigercrm-5.0.0.bin

If doing a validation step, the commonly used procedure is to keep
releasing successive rc# builds. The one that the release managers decide
is good enough to ship gets copied (e.g. tagged) with the final name, and
no changes from the accepted rc# tag.

There should never be two (pre)released filenames with different MD5
signatures out there, which is what we'll have if some flaw turns up in
validation.

Also,
http://vtiger.com/archives/vtigercrm-5.0.0-source.tar.gz
should just be