[Vtigercrm-developers] next release - 5.0.1 or 5.1?

Fathi Boudra fboudra at free.fr
Mon Sep 4 04:36:48 PDT 2006

> I was referring to what release should we have post 5.0.0 ie
> whether the next release should be 5.0.1 or 5.1?
>
> I was not referring to the naming convention.

right, and on the wiki page:
Always use one of the ordinals vtigercrm-W.X.Y.Z to indicate the scope of
changes in a release. Increment as appropriate:
* W: major version
Completely new system. Forward migration supported, but perhaps only from
latest previous version.
* X: new features added
New features should have at least a ticket describing them, referenced in
changelog
* Y: bugs fixed
Diffable. Bugfixes are through visible changes in source code.
Reset Y to zero if incrementing X.

so if you read it, it's easy to answer to your question:
* is it new features added -> 5.1.0
* is it bugs fixed -> 5.0.1

naming conventions defines release versionning.