[Vtigercrm-developers] How to add a new field to a Module?

Dennis Grant dgrant at accuratetechnologies.com
Fri Sep 1 06:53:35 PDT 2006

As part of my project to port the features from our fork of V4.2 to
V5.0, I find I need to add some new fields to various modules.

What I did in my fork (brace yourselves, this is horribly ugly) was to
create the new fields as a custom field, and then hardcode the name of
the custom field into whatever module needed that info.

That works for a local fork, but it is utterly unacceptable for anything
I want to have incorporated into the main vTiger trunk - not to mention
that it's just ugly hackery.

So then, assume I want to add a new field to a Quote; a checkbox Boolean
value.

I know the field must be added to the database schema; I know how to do
that.

But where is the proper place to add this field so that it shows up in
the "Quote Information" block on DetailView and EditView?

I'd really appreciate a little help here.

DG