[Vtigercrm-developers] profileGlobalPermissions

Joe Bordes joe at tsolucio.com
Tue Nov 7 12:59:04 PST 2006

Hi Dennis,

I have seen that the $profileGlobalPermissions array is set in the users
corresponding user_privileges_id.php file (in the corresponding
directory). This file is created in the CreateUserPrivilegeFile function
in a script of the same name in modules/Users directory. I don't know
when the function is called but I suppose that it is when you create a
user.

This function calls getCombinedUserGlobalPermission and this one calls
getProfileGlobalPermission which accesses the table
vtiger_profile2globalpermissions where the profiles Global Access
Privileges are assigned.

So I think that those profiles that are working must have the Global
Privileges set to ALL and the others don't.

I suppose that if you change the values in the database, which is
equivalent to changing the profiles value you may get VT working in a
way that you don't want. I think you will have to look at another way of
adding the ticketid to the view. Probably playing with the SQL command.

What I did was create my own ticketid field which autoincrements with
code based on that available in the forums (I can send you my version if
you want) and I use this field instead of VT's ticketid.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Regards, Joe
TSolucio