[Vtigercrm-developers] PHP Source Beautification

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk at yahoo.com
Wed May 31 15:04:25 PDT 2006

Has anyone used PHP source beautification tools with any success?

http://neurobashing.com/blog/archives/2005/03/24/phptidy_quest_continues.html

http://www.waterproof.fr/products/phpCodeBeautifier/

Assuming the right tool made PHP source beautification quick and reliable,
whether (and when) we should bulk-apply formatting standards to the
codebase is an open question.

The downside is that diffs and merges across that boundary of revision(s)
don't really have much use anymore.

If there was a branch of the source code that would never have
fixes and features back ported to it, then it would be a
possibility to do rapid, wholesale beautification.

To my way of thinking, the trunk, prior to branching for vtigercrm-5.0.0
release candidates, might fit this description, and would be the last
opportunity of this type for quite a while.

Any thoughts?