[Vtigercrm-developers] vtigerCRM 5 pre-beta-i18n development Release available for testing.

Philip philip at vtiger.com
Fri May 12 08:33:01 PDT 2006

Hi Jeff,

Yes we do agree that we have to tag the build in svn, as we are not aware of the  procedure  we'll seek Matt's help in
this regard and  make it done. But for the build name the 5 alpha series is over, the build worth between alpha and beta
stage so we decided to go with  pre-beta, right now we don't expect any beta series, even once the beta is out,
so the release after beta will be GA.

Regards,
Philip

----jtk at yahoo.com wrote ----

Philip wrote:
> vtigerCRM 5 pre-beta development release with i18n support is available
> for download in the following url, along with this we have released the
> ThunderBird extension and FireFox Toolbar, which is available for
> download in the same url
> https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=117522&package_id=188990

The file offered for download is: vtigerCRM-5.0-pre-beta-i18n.tar.gz

Can we please tag this in subversion and release as

vtigercrm-5.0.0alpha6.tar.gz?

The alpha series aren't such a big issue, but we really need a procedure
in place by the time vtigercrm-5.0.0beta1 is offered.

Packaging systems can't automatically tell that
'vtigerCRM-5.0-pre-beta-i18n.tar.gz' is 'less than'
'vtigercrm-5.0.0beta1.tar.gz'. We'll never get vtigercrm into any distro
packaging systems until we do things the computer-readable way.

* tag: svn copy a specific trunk (or branch) revision with the exact
release layout to vtigercrm/tags/vtigercrm-5.0.0alpha6. Then 'svn export'
is used to make the tarball/exe, etc.

The logic behind using tags is that we should be able to precisely
recreate and diff against anything ever 'released', at any time in the
future. It's an essential prerequisite to providing continuous migration
support.