[Vtigercrm-developers] postgres support in v5

Allan Bush allan.bush at gmail.com
Thu May 4 08:48:54 PDT 2006

Fair enough.

My concern is that if we branch someone will move a bunch of files
around or refactor some code again and we'll have problems/be unable
to merge, and it would end up being the 3rd time I've tried to add
postgres support only to have it not be taken up.

Also I don't think the correct software development practice is to
make a branch here.  Branches should be made when a release is nearing
to allow aggressive development to continue or if a feature is going
to introduced prolonged breakage, neither of which I see happening
here.  Changesets are for managing bugs introduced by coding changes.

That said I have no problems branching if Jeff wants to handle keeping
everything in sync.