[Vtigercrm-developers] postgres support in v5

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk at yahoo.com
Tue May 2 13:19:39 PDT 2006

Allan Bush wrote:
> Personally I don't think we really need a branch as the changeset should
> be much smaller then for 4.2 and we're not working at the same time as
> RCs are being releases so I'm not worried about temporally breaking
> things.

That's true, your method involves fixing adodb usage one query at a time.
Aside from the bootstrapping needed to get a postgresql database loaded
(which can probably be done during one workday's time-zone offset),
ongoing breakage from any particular query-fixing changeset should be
unlikely.

> If we want to back it out we'll have the list of changesets attached to
> a tracking ticket anyways.

Also true. For reference, anyone making commits on this task please be
sure to add the text "refs #752" somewhere in your commit message. I
prefer it to be the first part of the message, myself.

> If someone would give me permission to commit in the trunk I'll start
> working on Postgres support.

Do you mean software permissions, or consent? I didn't think the
repository was partitioned in commit access that way.

If its just Richie and team's consent you seek, I'd say you have it based
on Richie's messages to this list. Go for it.