[Vtigercrm-developers] typeofdata column in field

Jeri John jeri at vtiger.com
Fri Jun 16 11:41:20 PDT 2006

Yes Allan ,You are right.
These typeofdata from database is formed as a javascript array in all EditViews.The Array is formed in  include/FormValidationUtil.php .You can see this from the Page Source of any EditView page.These elements of fielddatatype array is used for form validate.Each element has a delimiter "~".The First part of the element is the data type and the second part is to find whether the data is a mandatory or an optional.You can find this in the function formValidate in the file general.js(include/js/general.js).These datas are also used for CustomView,CustomField,Reports to check the datatype.

D.Jeri John
Skype: jerijohn_vtiger
Toll Free: +1 877 788 4437

----allan.bush+vtiger_dev at gmail.com wrote ----

I'm not sure if anyone knows.

I don't think it really does anything anymore I usually just put one
of the strings I see in other fields in.

It looks like it's suppose to control form validation as well as
custom view and report options, but I think hard coded stuff has
replaced it.