[Vtigercrm-developers] should we update to latest version of adodb?

Richie richie at vtiger.com
Fri Jun 16 07:49:06 PDT 2006

Is anyone interested in owning up watching updates to third party softwares?
This will be an ongoing process so better to hand out responsibility.

Jeff, how to handle third-party updates?

Earlier too, there was discussion of not bundling third party products with vtiger.
How to proceed?

Richie

---- Jeff Kowalczyk<jtk at yahoo.com> wrote ----

  On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 00:21:32 -0700, Richie wrote:

> We are using adodb-4.55 now in vtigercrm5. adodb-4.90 is available now.
> Anyone has any ideas on what the new features are and whether we should
> upgrade?

I'm on it, just wanted to leave a little discussion time before merging.

http://vtiger.fosslabs.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/1302

I think updates to adodb in particular and other snapshotted libraries are
always appropriate except in the final hours leading up to a vtigercrm
final release.

Many distros would insist on removal of snapshotted libraries anyway, and
replace them with system-installed php libraries, which can receive
necessary security updates.

This vtiger.com email is sponsored by: Zoho Writer. Are you still using your desktop word processor for typing documents? Try the AJAX enabled, collaboration-friendly online word processor, Zoho Writer for FREE instead!
http://zohowriter.com/?vt