[Vtigercrm-developers] daily tests

Richie richie at vtiger.com
Thu Jun 15 03:56:54 PDT 2006

Hi Matt!

I guess, we will have to use your machine as the current machine we have is low end and will not be able to handle any more data in it.

I think we can go ahead and do the install in your machine or we can use the backup for the forge machine too for hosting. Whichever you decide.

The admin user cannot be deleted since the latest demo. So, I guess, we can host
it as it is. The issue which we might face is of providing the emailserver access.
Right now, each time, I host the demo, I get access to a single mailserver from my
sysadmin guys.

If all these are fine, I think we can go ahead.
Let me know when you get the latest demo up so that I can give the link from the site.
I will also ask Gopal to send you the google ads script.

Richie

---- Matthew Brichacek<mmbrich at fosslabs.com> wrote ----

  I completely understand not wanting to put the latest bleeding edge code
into your public demo. There are a few things to think about that may
make it a bit more difficult in this scenario, but still possible...

1) our 4.x based product is stable at this point and doesn't have many
db changes at all so we just use a dump from a fresh install to
re-create the db. This won't be possible w/ 5.x really since the db is
still changing. We can probably just automate the steps in the
installer as well though.

2) users and security... we can just give the admin passwd out, or we
can make the system a bit more private and that would give people the
ability to set up webmail accounts and the like (which I obviously care
about getting tested) so there are questions to answer there as well.

Anyone else that can think of any?

Matt