[Vtigercrm-developers] Can we release 4.2.4 already?

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 6 10:27:50 PDT 2006

Allan Bush wrote:
> Thanks Richie,
> You may wish to do a svn export though with the source installation as
> you still have all the .svn folders in there.

Allan is right, an svn checkout (with .svn folders) can be nearly double
the size of the source obtained via 'svn export (URL)'. This will be a
great savings in disk space and bandwidth for users, downloaders and
distributors.

And as long as the files are being recreated and the official
announcement not yet published, I would ask/beg/nag that we revise them to
use the naming convention that was discussed at length over the past year
(forums and list)

 vtigercrm-4.2.4.tar.gz
 vtigercrm-4.2.4.zip      (windows source, optional)
 vtigercrm-4.2.4.exe
 vtigercrm-4.2.4.bin

 vtigercrm-phpdocs-4.2.4.tar.gz
 vtigercrm-phpdocs-4.2.4.zip

There is a method to this obsessive name formatting, it's something linux
distro packagers can work with for their automated package distribution
systems. We want consistency of the package name through all releases,
and only the version ordinals (and prerelease suffixes) to increment.

IMO, we want 'vtiger CRM' to be the human-readable display name, but
'vtigercrm' to be the computer-readable packaging name, used
consistently everywhere.

Thanks.