[Vtigercrm-developers] Can we release 4.2.4 already?

Richie richie at vtiger.com
Fri Jun 2 05:08:21 PDT 2006

Hi Team!

Allan, I just now saw your mail. I had taken the day off so the delay.
Thanks for taking the initiative. I have a few questions though.

I would like to understand how vtigercrm-4.2.4 will be useful in the long run?
We have vtigercrm 5 beta out already and in a month's time, we will give out the Release version. Even in the Beta, we have the migration support so all those who are in the 4.2.x series can directly migrate.

Kindly clarify.
I would request that we have this sorted out and then go for a 4.2.4 release please.

At the time, the issue of 4.2.4 was raised, I do understand it was pertinent as v5 was still a long way to go. But now, do you still feel it is pertinent?

Richie

---- Allan Bush<allan.bush+vtiger_dev at gmail.com> wrote ----

  Thanks guys,

I've tagged and exported 4.2.4 (without changes) and it's ready to go.
 I also created some release notes, attached to this email if anyone
has any input on them.

I sent this information along with the packaged release to richie but
as he seems to be unresponsive on this release I'm not counting on him
to get it out in a timely manner. I'd like to put the release on the
trac system, if the admin is alright with that please email me
directly and I'll get you the files, if not I'll just attach it to the
vtiger message board.

On a side note the trac ticket system should be modified to remove
4.2.4 as a milestone and add it as a version (and probably remove the
4.2.4rc's well we're at it), if that can be done without messing up
the existing tickets.

Allan