[Vtigercrm-developers] permissions revoked

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 21 06:09:10 PDT 2006

Jens Hamisch wrote:
> Ritchie,
> could you please have a look at the postgres patches I've supplied to
> this list? I'd like to know if there's any intention in the vtiger team
> to support postgres8 (Means: To fix the broken postgres code in 5.0). If
> not, I will have to maintain my own local version, which is not
> appreciable.

In an email sent to this list a few months ago, I suggested that full
postgresql and mysql support is an imperative, however inconvenient, for
all release versions starting with vtigercrm-4.2.5+ and vtigercrm-5.x, for
this reason:

  There will probably never be a way to reliably migrate a populated
  production vtigercrm database from mysql to postgresql (or vice versa).
  The one you start with is likely to be the one you're stuck with.