[Vtigercrm-developers] An Impassioned Plea from an VTiger Integrator

Richie richie at vtiger.com
Thu Jul 13 01:56:18 PDT 2006

Well, well, /sak, hold on!
We do have interest in the 4.2.x series. Have a heart sak, it is well enuf difficult to maintain 5.x ;-)!

Richie

---- Sergio A. Kessler<sergiokessler at gmail.com> wrote ----

  Mat,

v4.x would not be abandoned while there is people interested in
maintaining it, that's all needed in open source, interested and
executive people...
it can be mantained forever while this condition is met...

and I agree with you that there was (is ?) an utterly lack of
receptive response to community developers from the core team, and the
project was crying for a fork, but all those people creating private
forks also lacked the balls to create a serious *public* fork...

I mean, if you are going to fork, then fork in all it's glory...

those people that never submitted a patch, never figthed for more open
development, created their own private branch, and then came up here
whining, are ... well, whiners IMO

those who want to mantain v4.x just need to step up and do something about it...

cheers,
/sergio