[Vtigercrm-developers] vtigerforge

Fathi Boudra fboudra at free.fr
Fri Jan 27 00:35:21 PST 2006

Le Vendredi 27 Janvier 2006 07:38, Richie a écrit :
> I would suggest that we get the forge up and running and then we can always
> move to svn or some better system that comes along in due course of time.
>
> I would request whoever can help Mike to please stand up and raise their
> hands so that it takes off some load off Mike.
>
> Please note, it is a question of convenience right now and we have to make
> do with what we have. On hindsight, it always seem better to have a
> different solution but that is 'after' things have happened. When we needed
> a solution, we did not get any and Mike happened to make one work. So why
> not proceed with it?
>
> Mike can appoint whoever he wants to appoint to help him. He just needs to
> keep us guys updated.
>
> So, looking forward to Mike's forge getting GA!

hi,

you seems to have missed this thread :
http://lists.vtigercrm.com/pipermail/vtigercrm-developers/2006-January/000067.html

and what i don't have is :
> another issue, the most important, is vtiger hosting platform didn't have
> postgresql. Without postgresql we can drop gforge idea. To resolve this
> issue, we need the agreement from the interested ones.

mike is agree for gforge and we seems to have people who want help for this
(mike, sergio, joe, and me). We can have it fast.

But without postgresql on vtiger hosting platform, we don't need to talk for
nothing or start working on my gforge test platform.

As i understand, you recommend to work on novell forge/vtigerforge to
implement subversion and after, you're not very clear, can you precise your
feelings ?

In the past, we don't have different solution, but things have changed.
At this point, we don't have vtigerforge fully operational.
We can take a decision, go back or not, and we need to do it now or continue
with current forge.

cheers,

Fathi