[Vtigercrm-developers] [Re: vtigerforge]

Mike Crowe mike at mikeandkellycrowe.com
Thu Jan 26 14:18:06 PST 2006

Folks,

You're killing me!   Everybody's missing the point on this.  Gforge
installed easily.   I thought I could emerge it and set it up quick.

Configuring for what we need was difficult for someone with no gforge
experience.   I'm sure the debian package installs easily.  Gentoo
installs gforge easy.  As I said before, I'm not a n00n at this.  Fathi
says he will need 1-2 weeks to set gforge up.  That's how it always is.
Matching themes, making the instruction pages reference the correct
project pages, etc.  Nobody here is thinking about that last 5% which
takes the most time.

I set up owl to try and get the community started.
I created VIP as a way we could distribute mods.

Fathi did the right thing.  He has offered his time to set up gforge.  I
welcome it, despite my time invested in the current product.  Gforge is
better.

Please, help is make vtiger better.  Donate time.  Donate software. Open
source will only survive is we all pitch in.

I'm not upset with wanting a better forge.  But please, don't spent time
like this wishing I'd given my 2-3 weeks of free evening time to
something nobody else has stepped up to do.  My blogs are trying to
teach things I have learned. Contribute!  Community!  That's who we need
to be.

Joe, just cause you were the straw, I'm not directing this at you.  I'm
not mad.  I want more of these great ideas implemented.  I've learned
that I had to step up for results here.  Let's all do that.  :D

Flame on!   :)

Mike ( boy have I had a pissy day ) Crowe