[Vtigercrm-developers] PostgreSQL integration

Allan Bush allan.bush at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 09:50:07 PST 2006

Joel,

Hope you don't mind if I send this conversation through the mailing
list, I think it helps to encourage more input.

I sent richie the changes required to get the installation process
working for postgres, however I haven't seen them integrated into the
CVS HEAD yet, I'm not sure what the status is on this happening.

The rest of the work required should be fairly simple, the code base
has quited down some what but I think we should wait until a feature
complete beta release at least until starting (especially if it's
going to take this long for changes to be ported).  If mysql 5.0 (in
strict mode) is going to be supported then pretty much all the changes
needed for postgres will be: adding "AS" to all aliases and using
ilike for case-insensitive comparisons, both of which can be
accomplished by a regular expression (hopefully).