[Vtigercrm-developers] Receiving data from outside sources

Sergio A. Kessler sergiokessler at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 16:34:33 PST 2006

On 2/27/06, Mike Fedyk <mfedyk at mikefedyk.com> wrote:
> Jeff Kowalczyk wrote:
>
> >Mike Fedyk wrote:
> >

> >>There is a post on the forum asking how to add data to vtiger from an
> >>outside source.  It's a good question and I'd like to know the answer
> >>too.  Do we have something for this already?
> >>http://forums.vtiger.com/viewtopic.php?t=5065
> >>

> >This ties in with some things I've been thinking about in regards to our
> >use of adodb-schema, .sql files, and sample data:
> >

> The focus of the question is how to get data in and out of vtiger using
> public interfaces from another automated system.  I would like to renew
> that question.  Is SOAP the only and/or best answer in this area?

nop.
SOAP is a complex beast that must die.

you can use REST (web services done right).

just like yahoo does with php:

http://developer.yahoo.net/php/
http://developer.yahoo.net/php/howto-reqRestPhp.html

note that with "output" parameter you can control what you get, ie.
CSV, XML, txt, whatever.

/sak