[Vtigercrm-developers] Build a vTiger Bounty Team

Richie richie at vtiger.com
Sun Feb 26 23:13:43 PST 2006

Hello!

Brian, we have no issues with you being the bounty maintainer.
We like the effort but are not really clear of our role.
I have read the threads but I am still not sure as to what is
expected of us.

Would it be proper to have a test bounty to see if we can have a demo
thing on so that all concerned get the idea?
We could have a set of fixed users each giving say $1 or something for
some feature. That, will explain a lot.

Graham, I am not clear of any policy change in vTiger because of this.
The idea is to get an effortocracy on wherein the community gains the most
at the least expense. vTiger team standsby this in spirit.

As mentioned above though, we are not really clear on how the cat will
jump once we do have a real bounty on. Hence, I have requested for a
small scale demonstration so that all concerned can understand.

Do post your views please.
Richie

----jamieinnh at gmail.com wrote ----

If you aren't familiar with bounty systems, I suggest looking
atlaunchpad.net.

>         https://launchpad.net/bounties
>
> A bounty system is nice in that many people can add small amounts till
> there are enough funds to make it worthwhile for a developer that
> otherwise didn't have enough of an itch to scratch.
>
> I still don't really understand why we don't just use the launchpad
> system.  It would save maintenance and development on some back-end that
> doesn't directly relate to vtiger.  Launchpad also helps communicate
> from the distributions and the project.
>
> Faithi can probably chime in more about the launchpad bounties
> and service.
>
>         https://launchpad.net/bounties/vtiger-universe
>
> Wouldn't it make sense to add vtiger as a launchpad project anyway?
> Just for the added benefit of communication with the distributions (
> debian, Ubuntu, fink, etc) and translation services.
>

> Joe

I think you have a good point.   To start with we could use the lauchpad
service as our meeting ground.   If this takes off, then maybe we can look
at creating a system.

We need people to agree to using launchpad, and then we need to set up the
flow of how things would work.   What percentage will the vTiger team get?

Also, using lauchpad, do they have a system in place to place funds in
escrow and hold them until work in complete?   For accepting payment?

Other than launchpad, are there any other suggestions for systems to use?
Anyone?

Jamie
This vtiger.com email is sponsored by: Zoho Writer. Are you still using your desktop word processor for typing documents? Try the AJAX enabled, collaboration-friendly online word processor, Zoho Writer for FREE instead!
http://zohowriter.com/?vt