[Vtigercrm-developers] Accepting patches for MySQL 5 support (some help needed)

Michel JACQUEMES m.jacquemes at neuf.fr
Sun Feb 26 22:13:01 PST 2006

Sorry, preceding message is incomplete.

I agree with both of you on mysql 5 support, but I need some help on
database schema regarding expected results on numeric fields.

You could first have a look to the following page, incompatibility on
decimal data :

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/upgrading-from-4-1.html

What I mean is that I cannot understand which format is expected in
DatabaseSchema.xml. Example in table potstagehistory :

            <field name="probability" type="N" size="2.3"></field>

XMLSchema produce probability DECIMAL(4.3) which means a maximum value of
9.999

It produces a query error with mssql, that's how I found it.

If you use :

            <field name="probability" type="N" size="5.3"></field>

Which is, I think, the right value, the result is correct : DECIMAL(5.3).

The question is, what is the value expected by vtiger?

If I am right, this patch is easy to apply but not easy to define, all the
numeric fields in database are concerned. It refers to both versions, 4.2 &
5.0.