[Vtigercrm-developers] Anyone working on Postgres support?

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 25 06:51:21 PST 2006

Mike Fedyk wrote:
>>Thanks Mike, please make a branch of branches/4.2 named
>>4.2_postresql_integration. Please note the revision in the commit message,
>>to ease merging of upstream changes and eventual re-merging of
>>branches/4.2_postgresql_integration to branches/4.2
>>

> Do you mind if I wait until 4.2.4 is tagged and branch off of that point?
>
> I'd rather branch at that point because there are so many fixes in
> 4.2.4.  But if you'd like it sooner then let me know.

I think branching after vtigercrm/tags/vtiger-4.2.4 is for the best, too.

We could wait until everyone involved is ready to start committing,
because the shorter-lived a branch, the better it is for the historical
record, and we'll have to repeat this same exercise again with
vtigercrm/trunk in a few weeks (before they go beta at the latest)

Those of us who are interested in postgresql support can run test
instances out of vtigercrm/branches/4.2_postgresql_integration for a few
days/weeks until the work is complete.

Can we plan on doing a quick vtigercrm/tags/vtigercrm-4.2.5 as soon as the
vtigercrm/branches/4.2_postgresql_integration is merged back to
vtigercrm/branches/4.2, including whatever 4.2 branch fixes have
accumulated by then?