[Vtigercrm-developers] Why include a SQL file when we don't use it?

Michel JACQUEMES m.jacquemes at neuf.fr
Wed Feb 22 06:55:12 PST 2006

I have followed with some interest mails on this subject. Having worked a
bit on MsSQL implementation, I will say that use of adodb is probably
better. But doing so you solve multi bases installation but what you install
won't work.
You have to change the code everywhere to avoid static or dynamic queries
builds which are not compatible with other databases. I am not experienced
enough with adodb to say if GetInsertSQL, GetUpdateSQl, GenID and Insert_ID
can solve the problem.

Another way could be to implement something looking like language support,
having subdirectories for each databse and the convenient code in them.

Having a bit of experience on Delphi and object Pascal, I could also suggest
to use a datasource object in charge of the interface between displaying
data and database access. But maybe that adodb do that anyway.

Michel