[Vtigercrm-developers] Why include a SQL file when we don't use it?

Fathi BOUDRA fboudra at free.fr
Tue Feb 21 16:27:26 PST 2006

> Just add the queries to populate the database into the xml file like this:
>
> <sql>
>   <descr>Insert some data into the users table.</descr>
>   <query>insert into users (userName) values ( 'admin' )</query>
>
>   <query>insert into users (userName) values ( 'Joe' )</query>
> </sql>
>
> To install the database, create a simple php file (like the one in the
> current installer or see here for another example
> http://phplens.com/lens/adodb/docs-datadict.htm) and run it on
> install: php install.php.

what is the difference between embedding sql query in an xml file, add an
install.php to call this xml file rather call an sql file.

from my point of view the same. This isn't a technical problem but a
philosophy question.

introducing this sql seems to not be pleased. Maybe a poll on it can be asked.
anyway i use and will use the sql file for debian and ubuntu packaging.
just need to know if you (developers) wants it in source code or not.