[Vtigercrm-developers] fatal error after login

Brian Devendorf developer at infointegrated.com
Tue Feb 21 12:41:10 PST 2006

I am somewhat familiar with that one... it ties in with the issue I
had seen on the "Couldn't get the group listing issue" I emailed on
earlier today.

The first thing I had done (in the allocations section of the code)
was to remove the or die() part of the query command. This allowed a
bad sql $result to be returned to the PearDatabase.php on line 426.

I modified the code so that it would not execute that section if (!
$result). That change hasn't been checked in yet.

What portion of the home page does it come after? That will help to
determine where the problem is occurring.
My testing is on PHP 4.4.1 & MySQL 4.0.25 (possibly a MySQL
compatibility issue?)

We could put error checking code into the fetch_array function, but
that could mask problems that we would want to see error for (at
least during development). Maybe it would be good to put this in
before distribution to reduce the potential for errors to display on
a shipping product.

Brian