[Vtigercrm-developers] Keeping Tabs on the competition

Jamie Jackson jamieinnh at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 13:05:03 PST 2006

In business, I always like to keep tabs on my competitors.   This helps my
company keep it's edge.    Although we have little to do to SugarCRM, as a
competitor in the OS CRM market, I thought I would post this link that
someone sent me.

It would seem that SugarCRM and MicroSoft are teaming up somewhat in some
fashion.

http://news.com.com/Microsoft+and+SugarCRM+partner+on+open+source/2100-7344_3-6038966.html?tag=nefd.top

Now, already, this is seen as a bad move for the Linux people or even the OS
version of SugarCRM.   It doesn't mean anything to me, as you never know
what direction a project will go until it's there, but if this did make
SugarCRM re-evaluate their OS version, and it's features, it might bring
more people towards vTiger in frustration.

This could become a very good thing in helping vTiger get in the hands of
more people and getting more people behind vTiger.   The one thing I would
say is that you need to always be ready and have migration scripts that work
painlessly ready for all versions of Sugar so if and when people do get to a
point they can't trust, don't like, or want to move from Sugar, then it
would be an easy, readily avaliable option for them to come over here to
vTiger.

Anyways, just a bit of news about SugarCRM.

Jamie