[Vtigercrm-developers] 4.2.4 where to start?

Josh Lee jlee at zertis.net
Thu Feb 2 06:59:22 PST 2006

Nobody uses it, however right before they set up their bug tracker, I
dedicated http://vzilla.zertis.net/ on one of our servers to vtiger.  If
you guys want, it is still running and still available.
Also I have one additional comment.  I am not even sure what you are
currently using for revision control, simply because I have been so busy
that I have almost been out of the loop completely.  The only thing
keeping me in the loop is the newsletter.  This, is one of the best
tools you guys have and I hope you continue to use it. But back to
source control.  I have used VSS, CVS, and a few others.  Recently our
company switched to SVN, and I have to tell you, it is simply the best.
Do you know how with CVS you need that crazy pserver stuff?  Well with
SVN, all of the CVS command are still there.  Additionally SVN has the
ability to handle folders, very well, as opposed to CVS.  Lastly remote
checkout is a snap.  "svn+ssh://jlee@vtiger.com/vtiger co" would be a
valid entry from unix, or Linux.  Windows has tortoise, which is an
awesome tool for browsing SVN repositories, checking out, updating
committing, and merging.

Anyhow, bugzilla and svn are two great tools, and that is my two cents
worth.