[Vtigercrm-developers] 4.2.4 where to start?

Mike Fedyk mfedyk at mikefedyk.com
Thu Feb 2 05:56:48 PST 2006

Richie wrote:

> Well, I honestly did not expect to have a patch4 so we went ahead
> with the 5.0 development.

 From now on expect that past major releases will be in use and need
support long after the next major release is done.  This is just part of
growing a project.  And it will be worse with vtiger than some others
because business tends to move slow in this area.

> I am trying to get things done as fast as possible. Kindly be patient in the
> meantime.

No.  We are not asking you to put this all on yourself.  Community is
nothing unless there is communication.

We need someone who is known as the maintainer for the 4.2.x release.
It looks like Matt has volunteered for that position.  Now we need to
see each patch posted to the list so it can be commented upon.  This
allows for the "many eyes" effect to happen and it takes load off of any
one person, the patch submitter, maintainer and the developers that
watch the list for patches.

We also need any and all discussion that normally only happens between
your team members in the hall and in meetings to be done on the list.
It is barriers like those that keep your community from growing.

When people start saying that there is too much list traffic then you
know your job is done. :)

Now, where is that patch I have for 4.2.4?  :-D

Mike