[Vtigercrm-developers] 4.2.4 where to start?

Matthew Brichacek mmbrich at fosslabs.com
Wed Feb 1 15:06:00 PST 2006

I've got to vent.  This is a fsck'ing mess.  There is no way to filter
bugs on bugs.vtiger.com to know what is valid and what's not for a
certain release number(not that I can see anyways).  Feature additions
are listed as show stoppers/critical and it's an all around mess.
Everyone who's complained about current development process/tools used
are absolutely right and we _have_ to fix this.  If you can help out
fathi with the new forge, it would go a long way towards hitting the
goal of better tools and would be a great way to contribute if you're
not into writing code.  If you write code please step up for 4.x maint
help.

As far as the project management is concerned, something has to change
or we're going to see a fork in the near future just to straighten this
mess out and get a proper structure, the writing is on the wall.  I am
all for listening to users but if you ignore the developers the project
will fork.  This may all seem a bit harsh but consider it a
consolidation of all the other complaints about these topics in one
flame ball.

Hate me all you want, but please, let's just fix this.  Open to all
suggestions about how to get started and what goals to set for the next
4.x release.

matt