[Vtigercrm-developers] Naming conventions

Fathi Boudra fboudra at free.fr
Tue Aug 22 23:34:55 PDT 2006

Le mercredi 23 août 2006 00:29, Jeff Kowalczyk a écrit :
> I have added the most recent proposed version naming scheme table I
> posted to the forums in 2005, as a starting point.

thks for the example. Some changes in previous naming scheme are not usefull:
> * Z: packaging errors corrected
i'm not sure that we need Z, packaging system use their own independent
revision number. A bug in linux packaging doesn't necessarily affects windows
packaging. If a bug of "packaging" nature affects source archive for all
architecture, we can just increment Y (in fact this is no more a packgaing bu
but a bug). Just source archive integrity is needed and revision number
ensure them. Let packagers take care of the packaging revision number
themselves as they want.
> * Z (and Y?) ordinals optional. Eg. Omit Z if incrementing Y, Omit (or reset
> to zero) Y if incrementing X. ->
i vote for Y not optionnal.

if you agree, i'll do the changes and add at least deb packages scheme.