[Vtigercrm-developers] [FEATURE REQUEST] Support Multiple SalesOffices

Dennis Grant dgrant at accuratetechnologies.com
Thu Aug 17 06:02:55 PDT 2006

> You are talking about sales offices and in may answer I was talking
> about multiple organzations ... I'd differ between them! There should
> be more than one organzation and each organization should have more
> than one sales office: this requires an introduction of another table.
>
> Jens

My strict requirement is for support for multiple offices, specifically
so that the address on the top of a Quote, etc is correct for the
issuing office.

This is envisioned as a drop-down box on the Quote etc EditView whereby
whoever is editing the quote can choose what office to issue the Quote
etc out of.

However, I agree that each user could/should have a default sales office
associated with them, and that there may be a need (although in our case
there isn't - at least yet) to restrict which sales offices a given user
COULD select. So the permissions point is valid. I won't object to them
being present.

If "sales office" is too specific a term, how about "company location"
or "office of issue"?

I also agree that there may be a default sales office for
sub-organizations, but I don't thing that sub-organizations is a
prerequisite for having multiple sales offices.

Jens, are you going to work on this?

I'm going to be offline for a week (military exercise) so I won't be
able to work on it for a little bit.

DG