[Vtigercrm-developers] Update on vtigercrm-5.0.0 release

Gopal gopals at vtiger.com
Tue Aug 8 07:06:59 PDT 2006

Hi Brian,

Your grouping of tabs is really a good one.

With the new drop-down menu option (we have introduced few days back) for primary tabs, users can very well access the sub-tabs under other primary tab also.

We are in favor of taking out duplicate sub-tabs, except retain Settings as a separate primary tab.

Hope there is no disagreement in this approach.

Team: Please let me know if you have any different views.

Cheers,
Gopal
---
S.S.G.Gopal
skype: sripadag
ph: +1 877 788 4437
blog: http://gopal.vtiger.com

---- On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 Brian Devendorf <developer at infointegrated.com> wrote ----

I agree... I also had mentioned cleaning up the sub-categories in a mail I sent shortly before the system went down. There should be some thought into which sub categories go under which parent categories. It is confusing for end-users to have options available in too many places. I have updated the layout based on the latest trunk:
Current Layout

My Home Page Marketing Sales Support Analytics Inventory Tools Settings
Home Campaigns Leads Trouble Tickets Dashboard Products RSS Settings
Calendar Accounts Accounts FAQ Reports Vendors My Sites

Emails Contacts Contacts Accounts
 PriceBooks Notes

 Emails Potentials Contacts
 Purchase Orders

 Leads Quotes Products
 Sales Orders

 Calendar Sales Orders Notes
 Quotes

 Notes Invoices Emails
 Invoices

 Products Calendar

 PriceBooks

 Notes

 Calendar

What does everyone else think? Anyone else show this to existing clients and get questions about why the same module appears in many places? That's what got me started thinking of improvements. Any better ideas? Note the change from My Home Page to My Home and from Trouble Tickets to Tickets. To me, the updated layout of categories makes finding the right module easier.

Proposed Layout

My Home Marketing Sales Support Inventory Analytics Tools
Home Campaigns Accounts Tickets Products Dashboard Settings
Emails Leads Potentials FAQ Vendors Reports My Sites
Calendar
 Quotes
 PriceBooks
 RSS