[Vtigercrm-developers] SVN commit syntax

Allan Bush allan.bush+vtiger_dev at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 09:20:42 PDT 2006

I'm glad to see more people taking advantage of the trac ticket
system, I find it extremely  useful myself and I'm sure everyone else
will as well.  I just want to point out a couple shortcuts that will
make everyone's life a little easier.

If you included certain key phrases in your SVN commit message any
relevant tickets will be automatically modified.  The ones I find
useful are "Refs #<ticket number>" and "Closes #<ticket number>".  I'm
sure there are more of these but I can't find an documentation on this
(trust me they works, I've done it several times myself).

If your commit message included "Refs #<ticket number>" (ie: Refs
#223) then that ticket will automatically get linked to your checked
in changeset and a comment added matching your commit message.  This
is super useful in tracking the progress on fixing a bug.

If your commit message included "Closes #<ticket number>" then you get
the same effect as using "Refs" plus the added bonus of having the
ticket close itself automatically saving you from having to do it
yourself.

If we could all agree to use this syntax it would greatly increase the
value of the ticket system.