[Vtigercrm-developers] vtiger CRM 5 unusable for other lang

Abos webmaster at vtigercrmfrance.org
Mon Apr 3 04:15:46 PDT 2006

Hi,
because i have often discussions with Richie, i can tell : the vtiger
team is really open and listen users. If you really test vtiger 5, you
can see the alpha version as less bug than 4.2.3.
An exemple on vtiger crm 4.x, if you have a lead with description
contain " or ', when convert, you loose the data (you don't loose
really, but the lead is marked as deleted, and no account created), it's
now correct, and vtiger crm is still in alpha. I have a lot of other
exemple, if you create a customview, with custom field, you obtain an
sql error, in 5 alpha, that work.

No free critics, like we say in france, easy to critic, difficult to do.
Telling vtiger crm is not 100% translatable is honest, all can see that
and know that, telling vtiger team do not follow the community is not
justice.

Sak, Juao, Adlibweb, we can joint Kleo efforts
http://forums.vtiger.com/viewtopic.php?t=5773.

To Saint, have look to the screenshot, some layers are missplaced
(settings1.gif), and require mouse action to be see. On the
settings2.gif, can you increase the layer size ?
The fader effect in "my account" is really cool.

To Richie, i have a problem with company info, if i use ', nothing is
saved, my search on files SaveCompany.php and add2db.php give nothing.
I can spend a part of my nights and week-end to "unharcode" v5 during
beta phases, please explain the difference between {$MOD.STRINGS} and
{CMOD.STRINGS}.
Thanks,
Aïssa